With just under an hour left of my birthday I have to squeeze in a chance to share some of my current wants & wishes ….
Click on the image to learn more / find where to buy
- I have yet to pick out what has become my annual birthday bauble.… I think I can find a few options.
- Already professing my love of ABD as a #careercrush – this mug would be the perfect start to my collection as I’m trying to establish that AM lemon water routine.
- Sweetgreen – it’s what’s for dinner. Or at least it was for this evening. It brings me back to the made to order salad days of ordered in lunch at the office …. only better #qualityingredients (I foreshadow a #careercrush…..) I struggle with dinners and have a SG location near both of my frequent gym stops/commute home. A gift card would definitely be put to use….just saying…
- Another gift card idea – have you heard of ClassPass? Obsessed with the concept (yes, another #careercrush foreshadow…). I have yet to try it out as it’s pricier than my current gym membership but think it’s a great option for trying out the boutique fitness places around town.
- I’ve been checking out recent events at General Assembly and am eyeing some upcoming courses – a credit to attend an event or workshop or take a class would be a great idea …plus a little added support to a recipient who is looking to learn & grow.
- A print from Inslee is a long running wishlist item …. and have you heard? Daphne is on Instagram as well! I would also take a vacation to anywhere without snow right about now, which Daphne is clearly enjoying.
- Nourish Your Soul is a Boston based juice bar – like Sweetgreen salads …it’s just better when someone else makes it. always. However my wallet says that I must by groceries and make things myself so a few green juices would be a welcomed treat (yes for real).
- Speaking of healthy treats, birthday cake is out this year as I’m on a non-sugar deal at the moment (not even the natural stuff). However I discovered the magic of cacao and coconut oil that makes chocolate….which I make pretty much nightly.
- I have a pair of OTK boots that need to be returned to Zappos (like 4 weeks ago…) and while I’ve spied these Stuart Weitzman 50/50 boots on all.the.bloggers and have gone to pin them each time, they are just a wee bit out of my price range. And by that I mean a lot.
- Another I Spy item – I have a growing obsession for draped jackets and sweaters and this one keeps popping up. While I hesitate to stir up the weather gods with the mention of hope of spring … this would be a great option. But I suppose I should move down from my Canadian Goose version of a coat to my light weight puffer first…(coat game is serious – so many levels).
Continuing with the birthday
month week (today was my boss’) let’s talk birthday cards…
I am the worst at sending/giving birthday cards. Any cards really. Awful really. I pick out cards with great care, careful not to pick a default salutation in fear of it appearing fake…and for it not convey my feels…..
…. and then I don’t give them. My dad’s birthday card? Perfect wording. Two years later it still sits in the pile. B’s card about chocolate cake? I believe that’s 3 years old and I no longer eat cake. A’s card – well does belated count if it’s 4 years after the purchase date?
But here’s the kicker, once I purchase the card and don’t give it to the intended recipient – it can’t go to anyone else….so there it sits. In a pile of orphaned cards hoping one day that it will be sent to it’s rightful owner.
I had a roommate, J, who needed to take stock in cards – cards of all sort. Both in terms of a broad collection at hand and investment in a paper company. Any run to the drugstore, Target or anywhere that sold a form of greeting card endured some time spent perusing. And she sent them! Mailed them near and far – all in a timely manner.
…..I send my friends links, posts and headlines….
My carefully selected sentiments to convey the deepest of feelings ….. well what good are those if they’re never shared?
And to deepen my shame …. my growing admiration for print and letterpress and the broadening range of messages (some friends need sparkle, some friends need sarcasm). Below are a few top picks leaning more towards the sparkle spectrum. Many from a new favorite find : The Society Type
Are you a card giver? What/where is your favorite card source?
Not only does this week kick off my birthday week but I can list a birthday for almost every day in March…in fact it’s become a fun game to find out someone birthday that fills in a blank.
… So let’s celebrate!…
candles || cake balloon (avail for purchase) || croquembouche (diy) || confetti presents (new craft party blog) || balloons & champagne || hula hoop birthday party || kate spade (’12 holiday ad campaign) || cupcakes || clemence posey balloons (full editorial) || present stack (gift wrapping party)
- Find out the #1 song the day you were born, this one is mine
- DIY Mini Pinatas|| Best Friends for Frosting
The bridal shower this past weekend was a success!
Prior to, the bride-to-be gave me a search task: Thank you cards for the shower. The criteria: floral and vintage.
After searching a few of my favorite vendors, I made like Alice and went down the rabbit hole that is commonly known as Etsy. I grouped some possible options into the categories below:
- Floral Rustic
- Woodsy Rustic
- Future Mrs. bonus points for this one using Future Mrs. Gosling
- Generic Thank Yous
I also added a few new shops to my favorites…
- Second City Stationery
- Trendy Printables
- Campaign Paper
- Dean Penn